NetOutlook SNMP Network Management Software
NetOutlook Network Management Software is a robust and secure network management application for the iConverter Multi-Service Platform. NetOutlook provides remote management of iConverter media converters, Network Interface Devices (NIDs), T1/E1 and CWDM Multiplexers.
NetOutlook has an intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) that provides the ability to remotely monitor network performance, configure hardware parameters, provision services, generate performance reports and perform advanced fault detection.
NetOutlook is used by Service Providers, Enterprises and Governments to leverage the full capabilities of the iConverter multi-service platform:
- Lowers operating costs with remote configuration and provisioning which reduces technician trips to equipment
- Improves network reliability with performance monitoring, fault detection and isolation tools
- Increases end user/subscriber satisfaction with comprehensive performance monitoring
iConverter Multi-Service Platform
Management of iConverter chassis and modules is achieved by adding an iConverter Network Management Module (NMM2) or a Network Interface Device (NID) with built-in management to the chassis. An iConverter NID can manage an iConverter chassis of modules, or manage itself as a standalone unit.
NetOutlook Standard Edition provides configuration, monitoring and reporting for all iConverter modules and chassis. The Standard Edition supports IEEE 802.3ah and IP-less management when used with iConverter NIDs.
NetOutlook Carrier Ethernet Edition supports all the functionality of the Standard Edition, and adds advanced Service Management functionality for the iConverter GM3, GM4 and XM5 NIDs.
NetOutlook Standard Edition
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) provides configuration, monitoring and reporting of iConverter modules and chassis
- Real-time trap notification provides network status to identify specific network problems and their locations
- Supports SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3
- IP-less management with IEEE 802.3ah and Omnitron’s Secure OAM management channels
- Comprehensive Port MIB statistics in graphical format and 802.3ah performance monitoring
- Reporting of optical performance statistics for SFP transceivers equipped on iConverter modules
- SNMP Device Discovery utility that automatically detects iConverter chassis and modules on the network
- Copy and Paste or Save and Load module configurations for rapid chassis configuration and reconfiguration
- Print Utility for printing status/configuration information
- Free lifetime upgrades and 24/7 Technical Support
NetOutlook Carrier Ethernet Edition
Includes all functionality of the Standard Edition and adds management, provisioning and reporting of iConverter GM3, GM4 and XM5 NIDs for business services and mobile backhaul:
- Zero-Touch Provisioning
- RFC 2544 and ITU-T Y.1564 Service Testing
- IEEE 802.1ag Connectivity Fault Management
- ITU-T Y.1731 Performance Monitoring
- IEEE 1588v2 Transparent Clock and ITU-T G.8262 Synchronous Ethernet
- ITU-T G.8031 and G.8032 Protection Switching
- LAG with LACP - 1+1 and 1:1
NetOutlook is a powerful Graphical User Interface (GUI) that serves as a single integrated point of access to the entire suite of iConverter products. Chassis and module functionality is accessible through NetOutlook including configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and performance monitoring.
Omnitron’s secure IP-Less remote management channel allows management of a large number of modules and chassis through one IP address. It also provides an added level of security for the management channel that is not affected by end-user actions or traffic on the system. The IP address is isolated to a physically secure management station at the network core, and does not exist on the fiber link or on the Network Interface Device at the network edge.
NetOutlook provides real-time visibility into the operational state of iConverter equipment:
- Hardware/Software Configuration Change
- Security Events
- Primary/Secondary Link Up/Down Notification
- Dying Gasp Notification
All monitored events are logged and accessible through NetOutlook.
NetOutlook allows remote configuration of all product functionality: VLAN membership assignments Quality of Service (QoS) prioritization, Port Access Control, Bandwidth Control Auto-Negotiation and Duplex Modes Link Fault Detection Modes DWDM Wavelength Tuning NetOutlook allows network parameters to be remotely configured from a single location, providing a convenient and time-saving solution for large-scale deployments.
NetOutlook provides a graphical display of RMON statistics, including bandwidth utilization and network performance, link and data receive/transmit status. 802.3ah Performance Monitoring provides the detection and notification of link performance (quality) faults. NetOutlook can also report optical performance statistics from Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers.
Carrier Ethernet Edition
NetOutlook Carrier Ethernet Edition adds the ability to manage, provision and monitor Carrier Ethernet mobile backhaul and business services. NetOutlook Carrier Ethernet Edition supports all features in the Standard Edition.
Provisioning of Service Parameters
The NetOutlook Carrier Ethernet Edition supports remote provisioning of Ethernet Virtual Connections (EVCs), including 802.1ad Provider Bridge VLAN stacking (Q-in-Q) for service multiplexing, Class of Service (CoS), granular rate-limiting, per-flow service mapping and traffic policing and shaping with Hierarchical Rate Limiting.
Service Testing and Validation
When used with the GM4 NID, the Carrier Ethernet Edition provisions ITU-T Y.1564 and RFC 2544 service testing to rapidly verify the configuration and performance of Ethernet services prior to customer hand off.
ITU-T Y.1731 Performance Monitoring
The Carrier Ethernet Edition can be used to monitor and generate reports for key SLA parameters, including Frame Delay, Frame Delay Variation, Frame Loss and Availability.
IEEE 802.1ag Connectivity Fault Management (CFM)
IEEE 802.1ag Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) proactively monitors service availability and provides tools for rapid fault isolation.
The Carrier Ethernet Edition can be used to configure several protection switching protocols.
- ITU-T G.8031 and G.8032
- G.8031 ELPS and G.8032 ERPS provides sub-50ms redundancy fail over.
- IEEE 802.1ax (802.3ad)
- Link Aggregation with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) supporting active/standby and active/active operation.
NetOutlook Standard Edition for Enterprises and Service
Providers (single User License)
NetOutlook Carrier Ethernet Edition for delivering Carrier Ethernet
Business Services (single User License)
SNMP and Telnet Management Module (NMM2)
Microsoft compatible PC with Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/XP/Windows7/8/10 and an Ethernet Network Interface Card.