Multi-rate 10/100/1000 copper to 1000/10G Ethernet Media Converter
- Conforms to 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T, 1000BASE-X1 and 10GBASE-R specifications
- Supports dual fiber and single-fiber 10GBASE-R XFP transceivers or 1000BASE-X or 10GBASE-R SFP/SFP+ transceivers for standard or CWDM wavelengths
- RJ-45 port supports 10/100/1000 and Half/Full-Duplex auto-negotiation and MDI/MDIX auto-crossover
- 10,056 byte jumbo frames
- User-selectable link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- Commercial (0 to 50°C), wide (-40 to 60°C) and extended (-40 to 75°C) temperature ranges
11000BASE-X is supported on SFP+ models only
The iConverter 10GXT is a 10/100/1000BASE-T copper to 1000BASE-X or 10GBASE-R fiber media converter, and is available as a compact, unmanaged standalone unit. The iConverter 10GXT supports jumbo frames up to 10,056 bytes.
The 10GXT is used to convert 10/100/1000 copper to Gigabit Ethernet fiber or 10 Gigabit Ethernet fiber. The 10GXT supports 1000BASE-X or 10GBASE-R Small Form Pluggable (SFP/SFP+) transceivers or 10GBASE-X XFP transceivers. SFP/SFP+/XFP transceivers enable adaptability to different fiber types and distances, and support Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM) technology to increase the bandwidth capacity of fiber infrastructure.
The RJ-45 port supports 10/100/1000 and Half/Full-Duplex auto-negotiation with hardware manual override controls.
The 10GXT features user-selectable Link Propagate and Link Segment modes to facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting.
The 10GXT is available as a standalone unit with or without integrated mounting brackets. The 10GXT is DC powered and can be ordered with an external AC to DC power adapter, or 2-pin terminal connector for direct DC voltages up to 16 VDC.
In this application example, 10GXT media converters are deployed in a star topology network with fiber links distributed from a central location.
At Building A, a 10G fiber switch is providing multiple fiber links to the remote buildings.
At Buildings B and C, iConverter 10GXT media converters provide 10/100/1000 copper connectivity to existing copper Ethernet switches in each building.
The iConverter 10GXT supports Link Modes used to provide network notification of fiber and copper faults. Link failures on any port are propagated to managed network switches, notifying network administrators of link failure.