Omnitron Media Converters
Networks managers worldwide rely on Omnitron fiber media converters to extend the reach of networks and preserve investments in existing network infrastructure.
Omnitron managed and unmanaged fiber media converters provide connectivity between different network cabling types and equipment interfaces. Omnitron media converters support a wide variety of network protocols, data rates and media types to create a more scalable and cost-effective network.
Network Applications for Media Converters
- Extending network distances by converting UTP to fiber
- Distributing multiple fiber links from UTP core equipment
- Connecting Multimode and Single-mode fiber
- Extending and repeating fiber network links
- Connecting Fiber-to-the-Desktop/Laptop/Thin Client
- Converting standard wavelengths (850, 1310 or 1550) to CWDM wavelengths for connecting existing network equipment to CWDM Multiplexers and OADMs
- Extending power to remote cameras and wireless access points over UTP with Power over Ethernet (PoE and PoE+)
iConverter Managed Media Converters
iConverter copper-to-fiber and fiber-to-fiber media converters provide managed fiber connectivity with advanced features for next-generation networks. iConverter intelligent media converters provide the advanced features and management capabilities to future-proof the evolving network:
- IEEE 802.1p Quality of Service Prioritization for real-time voice and video over Ethernet
- IEEE 802.1Q Tag VLAN technology
- Bandwidth Control on each port for upstream and downstream bandwidth allocation
- Port Access Control for disabling individual port access while maintaining port configuration for easy port re-enabling
- Auto-Negotiation of duplex modes, data rates and pause capabilities for easy installation and configuration
- Comprehensive link fault detection modes to quickly trouble-shoot network links
iConverter media converters are part of the iConverter Multi-Service Platform that includes transponders (wavelength converters), T1/E1 multiplexers and CWDM multiplexers. These fiber connectivity modules can be integrated into a variety of chassis configurations to create a flexible and scalable multi-service platform capable of delivering Ethernet, TDM and other services over existing fiber networks.
Select iConverter modules support pluggable optical transceivers. Omnitron SFP, SFP+ and XFP optical transceivers are compact, interchangeable fiber transceivers that enable connectivity to a wide variety of fiber optic cables and wavelengths. Omnitron Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM) Optical Transceivers enable Omnitron media converters to function as wavelength transponders and provide connectivity between legacy network equipment and iConverter CWDM Multiplexers.
iConverter Chassis Options
iConverter media converter modules can be installed in a variety of chassis configurations for flexible fiber network connectivity. Media converter, CWDM and copper switch modules can be installed in a high-density chassis for the network core, and compact chassis or standalone modules for the network edge.
iConverter Management System
NetOutlook Network Management Software
Omnitron’s NetOutlook TM SNMP-based network management software for iConverter equipment enables remote network configuration and trap notification of specified network events to streamline network maintenance and lower operating costs.
NetOutlook Screen Shots
Learn More about NetOutlook Network Management Software
iConverter Management Modules
Management is achieved by adding an NMM2 Network Management Module to chassis of iConverter media converter modules. iConverter media converters with integrated management, such as the 10/100M2 can manage an iConverter chassis of modules, or manage itself as a standalone unit.
|iConverter NMM2||Network Management Module|
|iConverter GX/TM2||10/100/1000 T UTP to 1000X Fiber VLAN Ethernet Media Converter and NID with Integrated Management|
|iConverter 10/100M2||10/100T UTP to 100Fx Fiber VLAN Ethernet Media Converter and NID with Integrated management|
|iConverter 2GXM2||1000X to 1000X Fiber VLAN Switch, Ethernet Fiber Converter and NID with Integrated Management|
|iConverter 2FXM2||100Base-Fx to 100Base-Fx Fiber VLAN Switch, Ethernet Fiber Converter and NID with Integrated Management|
FlexPoint Unmanaged Media Converters
The FlexPoint family of media converter modules provide reliable and cost-effective fiber connectivity in Enterprise LANs. FlexPoint unmanaged media converters support a wide variety of cabling types and network protocols for connecting dissimilar cabling media and network equipment. The self-contained FlexPoint media converter modules can be used as a desktop or wall-mounted standalone unit, or be rack-mounted using a 5-Module shelf or a 14-Module FlexPoint powered chassis.
- 10, 100, 10/100 Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet
- OC3/STM-1 & OC12/STM-4
- Serial RS-232
- Token Ring
miConverter Miniature Media Converters
miConverter miniature unmanaged media converters with optional USB power provide cost-effective media conversion for Ethernet networks. The compact miConverter modules are an ideal solution for connecting fiber to the desktop, and connecting portable network equipment to fiber networks.
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Copper UTP to Fiber Optic
OmniConverter Media Converters with PoE and PoE+
OmniConverter unmanaged PoE media converters provide fiber to UTP conversion and inject Power over Ethernet (PoE) to power a variety of PoE devices, including VoIP phones, wireless access points and network cameras.
OmniConverter models support a variety of options and configurations:
- 10/100BASE-T UTP or 10/100/1000BASE-T UTP to fiber
- Multiple port configurations, including dual UTP or SFP ports
- IEEE 802.3af PoE (15.4W of power per UTP port) or IEEE 802.3at PoE+ (up to 25.5W per port)
OmniConverter with Power-over-Ethernet Media Converter Applications