Operators of Enterprise networks worldwide rely on Omnitron fiber connectivity products to extend the reach and capacity of fiber networks, and preserve investments in existing infrastructure. Omnitron media converters, CWDM and T1/E1 multiplexers connect different cabling types and expand the capabilities of LAN and WAN networks.
- Seamlessly integrate copper and fiber networks
- Extend fiber links and convert fiber types
- Extend Service Provider demarcation points
- Expand fiber network capacity with CWDM
- Multiplex multiple T1/E1 circuits over fiber
- Deploy Fiber to the Desk
- Integrate fiber networks and PoE over UTP
Fiber Connectivity for Enterprise
- Campus Fiber Networks
- Data Center Networks
- Security and Surveillance Networks
- School District and Municipal Wide Area Networks
- Utility and Energy Networks
- Hi-rise Fiber Access Networks
- Manufacturing and Industrial Networks
- Retail Fiber Networks
- 10, 100, 10/100 ,1000, 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Fibre Channel
- T1/E1, T3/DS3/E3
- OC3/STM1, OC12/ STM4, OC48/STM16, OC192/STM64
- RS-232, RS-422/485, RS-530/X.21
- Integrate Copper and Fiber
- Fiber Conversion and Extension
- Expand Fiber Capacity
- Demarcation Extension
- Deploy PoE and Fiber
Integrate Copper and Fiber with Omnitron Media Converters
Omnitron copper-to-fiber media converter products provide seamless integration of different network cabling, equipment interfaces and data rates in Enterprise LAN and WAN networks.
- Extending network distances by converting UTP or Coax to fiber
- Distributing multiple fiber links from UTP core equipment
- Connecting Fiber-to-the-Desktop/Laptop/Thin Client
- Converting copper-to-fiber with CWDM wavelengths and connecting existing network equipment to CWDM Multiplexers
Copper-to-Fiber Media Converter Application Examples
Campus Star Fiber Network
Gigabit Fiber Connectivity to SUN Servers and Workstations
10GBASE-CX4 Copper to 10Gigabit Fiber
Rate Switching 10/100/1000BASE-T UTP to 1000BASE-X Fiber
Rate Switching 10/100BASE-T UTP to 100BASE-FX Fiber
T1/E1 and T3/E3 Distance Extension
Serial RS-232/422/485/530 and X.21 Distance Extension
More Media Converter Applications for Enterprise Networks
Omnitron managed and unmanaged media converters enable fiber connectivity to deliver more applications and bandwidth, while preserving investments in existing network equipment.
- Modular architecture of converters and chassis for flexible and scalable deployments
- Supports a wide variety of protocols, data rates and media types
- SFP, SFP+, XFP transceivers and fixed fiber connector options
- Several AC, DC, Power over Ethernet and USB powering options
- Wide (-40 to 60ºC) and Extended (-40 to 75ºC) operating temperature ranges
- Advanced Ethernet networking features including VLAN, QoS and Bandwidth Control
- Carrier-grade fault detection and monitoring tools
Fiber Media Conversion and Distance Extension
Omnitron fiber-to-fiber media converter products enable connectivity between different fiber types and extend the distance of fiber links.
- Convert multimode to single-mode and dual fiber to single-fiber
- Retime, regenerate and reshape the fiber signal for distance extension
Fiber-to-Fiber Media Converter Application Examples
Multimode to Single-mode Fiber Conversion
Dual Fiber to Single-Fiber Conversion
Double Network Capacity with Dual Fiber to Single-Fiber Conversion
SONET OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4 Fiber Distance Extension
OC-3/STM-1 Coax-to-Fiber Distance Extension
iConverter Managed Fiber-to-Fiber Media Converters
iConverter fiber-to-fiber media converter modules are part of the iConverter Multi-Service Platform that includes media converter, CWDM and T1/E1 multiplexer modules. This flexible and scalable architecture features high density chassis, compact chassis and standalone modules with a variety of AC and DC power options.
iConverter fiber media converters support 100, 1000, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4 and Fibre Channel networks.
Select iConverter fiber media converter modules support advanced network capabilities and pluggable transceivers:
- VLAN technology
- Quality of Service prioritization
- 100Mbps/1000Mbps rate switching
- Advanced fault detection and propagation
- SFP, SFP+ and XFP pluggable transceivers
iConverter fiber-to-fiber media converters with pluggable transceivers (also known as transponders) provide conversion between standard and CWDM wavelengths, and enable connectivity between legacy fiber switches and iConverter CWDM multiplexer modules.
FlexPoint Unmanaged Fiber-to-Fiber Media Converters
The modular FlexPoint family of unmanaged media converters enables reliable and cost-effective fiber connectivity. FlexPoint fiber-to-fiber media converters provide single-mode to multimode fiber conversion.
- 100Mbps Ethernet, Gigabit Etherenet, OC-3/STM1 and OC-12/STM-4 fiber converters
- Plug and Play media conversion solution for unmanaged networks
- Modular architecture with standalone modules that can also be chassis mounted
- AC, DC (18-60VDC), and fixed 5 VDC direct connect power options
Increase Capacity of Fiber Infrastructure with CWDM and T1/E1 Multiplexers
Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing (CWDM) increases the capacity of fiber networks to enable new applications and connect more users. Each CWDM wavelength is an independent data channel that can transport a different protocol (Ethernet, TDM, etc.) and data rate (up to 10 gigabits each).
iConverter CWDM MUX products multiplex up to sixteen independent wavelengths over single-mode fiber.
iConverter CWDM modules utilize a small and scalable plug-in form factor, and can be installed in any powered or unpowered iConverter chassis achieving some of the highest port densities in the industry.
The modules are designed to be integrated with other iConverter media converters and transponders to provide a true multi-service platform capable of delivering Ethernet, TDM, SONET and other services across a CWDM common link.
Mulitplex up 16 T1/E1 Circuits over Fiber
iConverter T1/E1 MUX products multiplex up to sixteen T1 or E1 circuits and Ethernet over fiber, and feature remotely managed testing and configuration capabilities. iConverter T1/E1 Multiplexers MUXes provide extension of multiple T1/E1 circuits and building-to-building PBX connectivity.
Extend Network Distances from Service Provider Demarcation Points
The iConverter Multi-Service Platform enables property owners and riser management companies to provide fiber connectivity between Service Provider demarcation equipment and tenants in hi-rise buildings and business complexes.
In this Riser Management application example, Ethernet and T1 services are delivered via fiber links to tenants in the building from Service Provider equipment with copper interfaces on the ground floor.
iConverter Network Interface Devices and managed media converters enable fiber connectivity for Ethernet, T1/E1 and T3/E3 demarcation extension in hi-rise buildings and business complexes.
iConverter TDM copper-to-fiber media converters extend T1/E1, T3/E3/DS3, and OC-3/STM-1 copper services over fiber.
The iConverter platform is available with high-density chassis for distributing multiple fiber runs from the demarcation point, and standalone modules to hand off services at the tenant offices.
Multiple services can be transported over an existing fiber link with iConverter CWDM multiplexers and T1/E1 multiplexers. Preserve investments and save the cost of installing new fiber links by expanding the capacity of existing fiber infrastructure.
Leverage the Benefits of Power over Ethernet AND Fiber Optics
OmniConverter Fiber Media Converters inject Power over Ethernet (PoE or PoE+)
OmniConverter media converters provide fiber to copper conversion and function as Power over Ethernet (PoE) injectors that enable powering devices such as IP-phones, video conferencing equipment, IP cameras and WiFi devices.
Power over Ethernet Applications
The OmniConverter is the first Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) media converter on the market with models that support both the IEEE 802.3af PoE standard (15.4W of power) and the new IEEE 802.3at PoE+ standard (25.5W of power). The OmniConverter is a multi-port media converter, available with a variety of port configurations including single or dual UTP and SFP ports.